• eng
  • қаз
  • рус

How to receive the disability allowance?

As a rule, handicapped people cannot work and have no income. Therefore the state pays a social disability allowance to back them. We will tell you how to get the disability allowance in this article.


How to receive the service?

To get the disability allowance you should apply to:

  1. the regional department of the State Corporation “Government for Citizens” of Almaty according to the place of registration;
  2. the Department of the Committee of labor, social protection and migration of Almaty (at the first-time disablement assessment).

It is necessary to submit an application form attaching the following documents:

  1. document of identification (passport, ID card, stateless person certificate, permanent resident permit, certificate of a repatriate before citizenship of Kazakhstan Republic);
  2. permanent statement of residence of the SR (statement of residence or certificate issued by country and/or aul akims);
  3. note of the bank account number (of the second-tier banks or “Kazpost” JSC);
  4. certificate of disability in due form. Please see here how to receive a certificate of disability.

Turnaround time: 8 working days. The period can be extended up to 30 days if it is necessary to finish the execution of documentation.

The end result of the service: notification of granting a disability allowance.


What other documents can be necessary?

Depending on the reasons and character of disease you may need additional documents for submission:

  1. decision of the Interagency expert board on establishing the causal link of illnesses, disability of persons exposed to radiation;
  2. decision of the central military physician board;
  3. certificate of disease issued in the hospital or assessment of the military physician board;
  4. birth certificate of a disabled child under 16 years old (extract from the birth record or the certificate of civil registration issued by the Civil Registry Office);
  5. certificate of marriage (certificate of civil registration) or certificate of divorce or extract from the civil record of marriage (if a parent/a guardian changed his/her surname);
  6. in case of guardianship – document certifying the guardianship.
No votes yet
Обнаружили ошибку? Выделите слово или предложение и нажмите CTRL+ENTER
You are reporting a typo in the following text:
Simply click the "Send typo report" button to complete the report. You can also include a comment.